Online Community Manager
The Lucile Packard Foundation for Children's Health invites applications for the position of Online Community Manager.
Established in 1996, the Foundation is a 501(c)(3) public charity whose mission is to elevate the priority of children's health and increase the quality and accessibility of children's health care through leadership and direct investment. The Foundation fundraises for research, training, and patient care at Lucile Packard Children's Hospital and for pediatric and obstetric programs at the Stanford University School of Medicine. The Foundation also supports communications, advocacy, and health care system development to elevate the priority of children's health in California and enhance opportunities for children in the state to achieve optimal health outcomes.
The Foundation seeks a high-energy, motivated individual to help generate broad-based philanthropic support for the upcoming expansion of Lucile Packard Children's Hospital. The chosen candidate will participate in efforts to build awareness for the expansion project using appropriate social networking tools, with a focus on engaging new demographics of donors.
The Online Community Manager is a two-year term position (2012 to 2014) reporting to the Senior Director of Development Communications. Working directly with the Online Fundraising Manager and collaborating closely with members of the Hospital's News & Communications team, this individual will help to conceptualize, plan, execute, monitor, and evaluate social media strategy in support of the Hospital.
- Spark interest in and support for Packard Children's; develop, refine, and publish content for websites, microsites, and email marketing; maximize impact and delivery of content via social media tools to advance fundraising objectives.
- Help to maintain and monitor Hospital presence and engagement opportunities on social media platforms and media sharing sites; collaborate on the design and implementation of policies and procedures, best practices, standardization, and strategy.
- Synthesize and analyze online engagement; establish metrics to measure and illustrate impact of integrated marketing campaigns, including site traffic and online giving.
- Engage community and affiliate groups in social media services and sites; develop campaigns and promotions to encourage online participation and user interactions.
- Support the Online Fundraising Manager to enhance and build on general online strategy; collaborate with Development program managers on effective and comprehensive social media communications to achieve fundraising priorities.
Required Experience, Skills, and Abilities
- Experience in Development marketing and communications, preferably in a healthcare or academic setting; demonstrated success in developing and executing integrated campaigns.
- Imaginative and creative; exceptional writing and proofreading skills; professional writing experience preferred.
- Strong organizational skills with a high attention to detail and follow up; ability to balance multiple projects and prioritize workload; ability to work well both independently and within a team.
- Familiarity with trends and best practices in online marketing; expertise in managing various social media platforms; fluency with web analytics and tracking tools.
- Proficiency with HTML web publishing software and content management systems; ability to master other programs, including donor database and digital asset library; comfort working with graphic design and video editing software.
- Tact and good ethical judgment; ability to successfully interact with and obtain information from a wide range of stakeholders including patient families, donors, medical staff, and faculty.
- A sense of humor and a genuine interest in children and their health.
Salary and Benefits
The Foundation offers a competitive salary based on experience and a generous benefits program.
How to Apply
Send cover letter and resume to Human Resources via mail, fax, or e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please specify in the cover letter or subject of your email which position you are applying for and explain why you want to work at the Lucile Packard Foundation for Children's Health.
Lucile Packard Foundation for Children’s Health
400 Hamilton Avenue, Suite 340
Palo Alto, CA 94301
Fax (650) 498-7738
Please see www.lpfch.org for current job openings.
The Lucile Packard Foundation for Children's Health hires staff without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, medical condition including genetic characteristics, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, or disability.