COVID-19 Policy Issuance and Clarity in the California Children’s Services Program
The National Health Law Program will advocate with the Department of Health Care Services (DHCS) for additional guidance on the CCS program and provide clarity on existing DHCS guidance to CCS staff and providers.
NHeLP staff created a fact sheet, in partnership with Family Voices of California, on accessing care during the pandemic that is currently available in English, Chinese, and Spanish. NHeLP issued a detailed letter to the Department of Health Care Services (DHCS) with recommendations for revised policy guidance around CCS eligibility, state hearings, access to durable medical equipment, family outreach and data collection. DHCS adopted many of these recommendations and issued updated guidance for the CCS program after the letter was reviewed. Additionally, NHeLP staff attorneys worked with the with DHCS and managed care plans to do outreach to families to ensure they understood the guidance.
Other Grants Awarded to National Health Law Program
- Ensuring Protections for California's Families at a Critical Time
- Oversight and Monitoring of the California's Children's Services Program
- Improving Access to Durable Medical Equipment and Supplies Through the California Children's Services Program – Phase II
- Improving Access to Durable Medical Equipment and Supplies Through the California Children’s Services Program
- Organizing a Convening to Advance Coordination of Services for California Children with Special Health Care Needs