Designing the New Enhanced Care Management Benefit to Work for Kids in Medi-Cal
Children Now has successfully led advocacy efforts for family member representation in several state agencies. As the California Department of Health Care Services prepares to implement a Medi-Cal “Enhanced Care Management” (ECM) benefit for children and youth, Children Now will work to ensure that stakeholder input and family experiences inform the development of ECM policies. Children Now will coordinate with and organize child advocacy organizations across the state in an effort to strategically push for strong standards and protections for children with special health care needs, ensuring comprehensive, family- and youth-friendly care coordination policies, financial incentives, and clear oversight mechanisms.
Other Grants Awarded to Children Now
- Supporting Families and State Agency Officials in Children’s Policymaking
- Legislative Analysis of Family Engagement in California Organizations
- Analysis of Family Engagement in California's Policymaking
- Creating Meaningful Roles for Families in State Health Policymaking
- Creating an Advocacy Plan for CSHCN In California