Ensuring Protections for California's Families at a Critical Time
The National Health Law Program (NHeLP) will continue to provide independent oversight and monitoring of the California Children’s Services program, building on the relationships with key partners and legal knowledge of the program that they have developed with past grant funding. This project will focus on emergent changes to health coverage and services such as the ending of the COVID-19 Public Health Emergency and implementation of Enhanced Care Management under CalAIM. NHeLP’s advocacy will ensure that families have appropriate legal protections, including appeal and fair hearing rights, as well as clear guidance and communications about accessing programs and services. This work will guarantee that the experiences of families are known and inform decision-makers as policy changes are being implemented.
Other Grants Awarded to National Health Law Program
- Oversight and Monitoring of the California's Children's Services Program
- COVID-19 Policy Issuance and Clarity in the California Children’s Services Program
- Improving Access to Durable Medical Equipment and Supplies Through the California Children's Services Program – Phase II
- Improving Access to Durable Medical Equipment and Supplies Through the California Children’s Services Program
- Organizing a Convening to Advance Coordination of Services for California Children with Special Health Care Needs