Parent Leadership Coordination and Expansion, COVID-19 Supplement
Family Voices of California paused the majority of planned activities for their original Parent Leadership Expansion and Coordination grant to redirect their work in immediate response to the COVID-19 public health emergency. Supplemental funding will support development of a virtual training on digital advocacy to address current policy shifts that threaten protections for CSHCN. The new interactive training program will involve equity and digital programming experts, as well as partnership with racially, socioeconomically, and geographically diverse Project Leadership trainers and alumni families. The training will focus on new skills and strategies to create personal narratives and engage with lawmakers.
Note: The original grant was for $455,000 with an end date that has been extended through May 31, 2021.
Other Grants Awarded to Family Voices of California
- Parent Leadership Coordination and Expansion
- Project Leadership Training Families to Advocate for Systems Change: Phase IV
- Communicating with Parents of CSHCN in California
- Project Leadership Training Families to Advocate for System Change: Phase III
- Project Leadership Training Families to Advocate for System Change: Phase II, Replication
- Project Leadership Training Families to Advocate for System Change