Supporting Families and State Agency Officials in Children’s Policymaking
Meaningful family engagement in state policymaking helps to ensure a health care system that is more responsive to the lived experience of children and families. Building on the recommendations of previous research funded by our Foundation, this project focuses on building and maintaining an ongoing workgroup that supports caregiver advocates to be effective in their advocacy roles as they engage in state policy around children’s health. Children Now will document best practices and guidance on how to increase meaningful collaborations with family advocates and distribute these findings widely to state officials and other stakeholders.
Other Grants Awarded to Children Now
- Designing the New Enhanced Care Management Benefit to Work for Kids in Medi-Cal
- Legislative Analysis of Family Engagement in California Organizations
- Analysis of Family Engagement in California's Policymaking
- Creating Meaningful Roles for Families in State Health Policymaking
- Creating an Advocacy Plan for CSHCN In California